Finding Data: Data on Crime - China
ACCESS TO THESE DATA FILES ARE RESTRICTED TO CURRENTLY ENROLLED/EMPLOYED MEMBERS OF
- Criminal Victimization in Contemporary Urban China: A Multi-Level Analysis of Survey Data for the City of Tianjin, 2004
- Delinquency in a Birth Cohort in Wuchang District, Wuhan, China, 1973-2000
The focus of the study is a cohort of all persons born in 1973 in the Wuchang District of the city of Wuhan. This district was selected because it was a populous commercial and residential area. The cohort birth year was chosen to reflect the impact of major economic and social changes in China. Data include interviews with all known criminal offenders as of 1990 and with a matched comparison sample. Additional residential, demographic, and updated criminal history data as of 2000 were collected on all persons born in the 1973 Wuchang District cohort.
- Social-Economic Change and its Impact on Violence: Homicide History of Qing China
Estimates of interpersonal homicide rates of China for the period 1661-1898.
- United Nations International Study on Firearm Regulation
Country-level survey dealing with:
- Firearm regulation, including issues of ownership, possession and use;
- Manufacturing and trade;
- Smuggling and other illegal dealings;
- Demographic, accident and crime statistics;
- Policy and public education initiatives;
The survey instrument was distributed to Member States in 1996. The data is in a MS Access database. Data may also be used to compare social attitudes toward guns and gun control among countries.
Sample Size: 78 countries.
- United Nations Surveys of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal
Collects data on the incidence of reported crime and the operations of criminal justice systems with a view to improving the analysis and dissemination of that information globally. Results provide an overview of trends and interrelationships between various parts of the criminal justice system to promote informed decision-making in administration, nationally and internationally. The surveys were started in 1977, covering 5-year intervals from 1970-1994. Starting in 1995 surveys cover 2 or 3 year intervals. Data may also be accessed through ICPSR.
This page last updated: October 21, 2009