CoronaNet: COVID-19 Government Response Event Dataset
- Database on government responses to the coronavirus. Main focus is to collect as much information as possible about the various fine-grained actions governments are taking to defeat the coronavirus. This includes not only gathering information about which governments are responding to the coronavirus, but also who they are targeting the policies toward (e.g., other countries), how they are doing it (e.g., travel restrictions, banning exports of masks), and when they are doing it.Presents an initial release of a large hand-coded dataset of more than 20,000 separate policy announcements from governments around the world visible since December 31, 2019. Data collection is ongoing.
The data yields detailed information on:
- The level of government responding to the coronavirus crisis (e.g., national, regional/state, local/municipal)
- Specific actions taken (e.g., travel bans, investments in the public health sector, etc.)
- Geographical areas targeted by these measures
- Who or what they are targeting (e.g., foreigners, ventilators)
- Compliance mechanisms (e.g., mandatory or voluntary)
- Timing of policy responses.
Given the exceptional times, we have decided to release a version of the dataset that has not undergone extensive data cleaning. We aim to improve the data day by day but can not assure full accuracy among the policies. For the most up to date version of the data, please visit https://www.coronanet-project.org.
- Series - ongoing
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivorie, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire), Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini (Swaziland), Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgz Republic (Kyrgyzstan), Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikstan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- CoronaNet: COVID-19 Government Response Event Dataset
- Series - ongoing